Where are they now? And how are they doing?
So I have some extra time before this game gets underway and since I’ve been out of pocket for a few days, I figured it wouldn’t hurt to bring you up to date on how some of the team’s recent acquisitions and recent departees have fared since being dealt.
We’ll start with the new guys (those who aren’t in the Majors)…
- 1B Jeff Clement (acquired from Seattle): In three games with Triple-A Indianapolis, Clement is 6-for-11 with three solo homers and five runs scored.
- RHP Tim Alderson (acquired from San Francisco): He made his organizational debut on Saturday and earned the win while pitching 5 2/3 innings and allowing just one earned run for Double-A Altoona. Alderson gave up seven hits, walked one and struck out four.
- RHP Jose Ascanio (acquired from Chicago): Ascanio took the loss in his start for Indianapolis this weekend, despite allowing just two earned runs in 6 2/3 innings. He struck out nine.
- OF Jose Tabata: Tabata obviously wasn’t acquired by the Pirates this July, but I’m adding him in the list since he just earned a promotion to Triple-A. In his first two games with Indianapolis, Tabata went 3-for-8 and drew two walks.
- RHP Nathan Adcock (acquired from Seattle): The righty has made one appearance for high-A Lynchburg. In three innings of long relief, Adcock allowed one run on four hits. He struck out three.
- RHP Aaron Pribanic (acquired from Seattle): Has not yet made his organizational debut.
- RHP Brett Lorin (acquired from Seattle): Lorin did not factor in his debut with low-A West Virginia, despite allowing just one earned run in six solid innings. He gave up just four hits, walked one and struck out three.
- SS Argenis Diaz (acquired from Boston): In 10 games with Indianapolis, Diaz is 5-for-31. All his hits have been singles. He has committed two errors.
- RHP Hunter Strickland (acquired from Boston): Strickland has thus far made just one start for West Virginia and it was a start in which he threw the first six innings of what became a combined no-hitter. He struck out five.
- IF Josh Harrison (acquired from Chicago): Harrison has played three games for high-A Lynchburg and is 4-for-11 with two RBIs and one run scored.
And now those who have gone elsewhere…
- SS Jack Wilson: In four games for the Mariners, Wilson is 4-for-16 with two doubles.
- RHP Ian Snell: Snell made his first start for Seattle on Sunday and allowed two runs in six innings. Both runs came via solo homers, though Snell gave up only one other hit. He walked three and struck out four.
- 2B Freddy Sanchez: Sanchez returned from his knee injury and went 2-for-4 with two RBIs in his Giants debut on Sunday.
- LHP John Grabow: The lefty has pitched 1 2/3 scoreless innings of relief in two appearances with the Cubs.
- LHP Tom Gorzelanny: He has joined the Cubs’ rotation for the time being and will make his first start for Chicago on Tuesday.
- 1B Adam LaRoche: In case you missed it, LaRoche’s time in Boston lasted just more than a week as he was then sent to the Braves on July 31. With the Red Sox, LaRoche went 5-for-19 with two doubles, two runs scored, one home run and three RBIs. He is 3-for-7 in two games with Atlanta so far.