Where are they now? And how are they doing? Take 3
Time for the weekly look at how the players involved in this summer’s marquee trades are faring. All stats are accurate through Monday’s games.
Let’s start with those acquired who are not on the Pirates’ big league roster:
- CF Gorkys Hernandez (acquired from Atlanta): In 65 games with Double-A Altoona, Hernandez has hit .252 with 21 RBIs. He has stolen six bases and been caught five times.
- LHP Jeff Locke (acquired from Atlanta): Locke has made 13 starts for high-A Lynchburg and has posted a 2-4 record and 4.94 ERA. In 58 1/3 innings, Locke has struck out 41 and walked 16.
- SS Argenis Diaz (acquired from Boston): Diaz continues to struggle at the plate in Triple-A. With Indianapolis, Diaz has hit .197 in 22 games. He has driven in just one and has no extra-base hits. Defensively, Diaz has committed three errors.
- RHP Hunter Strickland (acquired from Boston): Strickland has made four starts for low-A West Virginia. He is 3-0 with a 1.96 ERA and has 51 strikeouts in 83 1/3 innings.
- RHP Nate Adcock (acquired from Seattle): Adcock has so made just three appearances (one start) and has allowed four earned runs in nine innings. He has struck out seven and walked four.
- 1B Jeff Clement (acquired from Seattle): Through 17 games with Indianapolis, Clement has hit .294 with seven homers and 17 RBIs. He has gone deep five times this month and is expected to be called up when rosters expand in September.
- RHP Brett Lorin (acquired from Seattle): Lorin hasn’t factored in the decision in any of his three starts with low-A West Virginia, though he has pitched quite well. The righty has limited opponents to three earned runs in 14 innings.
- RHP Aaron Pribanic (acquired from Seattle): Also pitching for West Virginia, Pribanic is 1-1 with a 3.21 ERA in three appearances (two starts).
- RHP Tim Alderson (acquired from San Francisco): Alderson is 2-0 in his three starts with Altoona. He allowed just one run in his first two starts (11 2/3 innings), but allowed five in a three-inning start last Thursday.
- INF Josh Harrison (acquired from Chicago): Playing in Lynchburg, Harrison has hit .344 with five extra-base hits and four RBIs in 15 games. He has defensively spent time at second, third and in left field.
And to those who left…
- CF Nate McLouth (sent to Atlanta): McLouth is currently on the DL with a hamstring injury and has missed time because of injury three different times since joining the Braves. When he has played, McLouth has hit .260 with six homers and 22 RBIs in 56 games. He has 10 stolen bases.
- OF Nyjer Morgan (sent to Washington): Morgan is hitting leadoff and playing in center for the Nationals. In 41 games, Morgan has stolen 20 bases in 27 attempts. He is hitting .356 with 30 runs scored.
- LHP Sean Burnett (sent to Washington): Burnett has helped stabilize the Nationals’ bullpen and has made 21 relief appearances. In 17 2/3 innings, Burnett has allowed six earned runs, walked seven and struck out 13.
- 1B Adam LaRoche (sent to Boston, then to Atlanta): After hitting .263 in six games with Boston, LaRoche has batted .370 through his first 14 games with the Braves. LaRoche has driven in 10 and gone deep four times.
- SS Jack Wilson (sent to Seattle): Wilson has hit just .222 in 13 games with the Mariners. He has doubled four times and driven in two.
- RHP Ian Snell (sent to Seattle): Snell has not fared well at all in his most recent two starts for the Mariners. Combined, Snell is 0-1 in three starts, though he has gone just 13 1/3 innings total. The righty has allowed 13 earned runs and walked 12. He has nine strikeouts.
- 2B Freddy Sanchez (sent to San Francisco): Sanchez is batting .304 through his first 13 games with the Giants. He has scored eight times and has five RBIs. Sanchez sits 159 plate appearances away from triggering his club option for next season.
- LHP John Grabow (sent to Chicago): Grabow has not allowed a run in eight appearances out of the bullpen for the Cubs. In seven innings, Grabow has allowed two hits, walked five and struck out four.
- LHP Tom Gorzelanny (sent to Chicago): Gorzelanny picked up the win against the Pirates on Saturday in a five-inning start. In total, Gorzelanny has made three starts for the Cubs and has won two of them. In 13 2/3 innings, Gorzelanny has allowed eight earned runs. He has struck out 15 and walked four.
Follow me on Twitter: @LangoschMLB