Bucs make roster moves
The Pirates just announced that they have made the following roster moves:
- LHP Wil Ledezma, who was to be eligibile for arbitration this winter, has agreed to a one-year contract for 2011.
- RHP Ross Ohlendorf, RHP Jose Ascanio and 1B Steve Pearce have been reinstated off the 60-day disabled list and put back on Pirates’ 40-man roster.
- 1B Jeff Clement was removed from 60-day disabled list and outrighted to Triple-A Indianapolis
- The following players were removed from 40-man roster and outrighted to Triple-A: OF Brandon Moss, LHP Justin Thomas, RHP Sean Gallagher, RHP Steven Jackson
- RHP Chan Ho Park has been taken off the 40-man roster, as he is now a free agent.
- Because they have already been outrighted off a 40-man roster before, Moss, Thomas and Jackson are now free to declare Minor League free agency immediately. Expect each of the three to do so very soon.
- Gallagher has accrued enough Minor League service time to also become a Minor League free agent, but he can’t do that immediately like the aforementioned guys. The Pirates have until 5 p.m. ET to try and negotiate a contract (techincally called a successor contract) with Gallagher to keep him. The Pirates are believed to be making such an attempt to resign Gallagher.
- Clement doesn’t have the service time to become a Minor League free agent, so he will remain on Indianapolis’ roster. He should be invited to big league camp next spring, though he might still be recovering from knee surgery.
Follow me on Twitter: @LangoschMLB