Day 29: Pirates @ Orioles
The news this morning came in the form of 10 roster moves. You can find a detailed list of those moves here in case you missed it earlier.
As for a few other notes…
- Catcher Ryan Doumit left the clubhouse not too long ago carrying his bat and on his way to take some dry swings. That’s a good sign for the right oblique that Doumit strained last week. The Pirates have said they will provide their next update on Doumit on Wednesday.
- Scott Olsen and Joe Beimel are scheduled to throw one inning apiece in Monday’s game against Baltimore.
- Forgot to mention yesterday that with Sunday’s win over Boston, the Pirates now already have more Grapefruit League victories than they did all last spring. Pittsburgh is 8-10 going into today’s contest.
- John Bowker is getting his first start of the spring at first today. The Pirates wanted to get the outfielder some work at first base in case he were to be needed there at any point during the year.
- Tuesday will be the first of two off days for the club, and no mandatory workouts are scheduled.
- The following pitchers will throw on Wednesday: Paul Maholm, Jeff Karstens, Joel Hanrahan
PIRATES: P. Ciriaco (2B), J. Bowker (1B), A. McCutchen (CF), P. Alvarez (3B), M. Diaz (LF), S. Pearce (RF), J. Rodriguez (SS), J. Jaramillo (C), K. Correia (RHP)
Pitchers: K. Correia (five innings), E. Meek, S. Olsen, J. Beimel, M. Crotta
ORIOLES: R. Winn (LF), F. Pie (CF), N. Markakis (RF), V. Guerrero (DH), L. Scott (1B), M. Reynolds (3B), M. Wieters (C), R. Andino (2B), C. Izturis (SS)
Pitchers: J. Arrieta, J. Accardo, J. Berken
Follow me on Twitter: @LangoschMLB