For your holiday viewing/reading pleasure
FOX Sports Midwest announced that it will televise a Cardinals marathon next Wednesday, Christmas Day. The following five games will be featured (and edited to fit into a two-hour window):
- Aug. 26: Reds at Cardinals (Allen Craig’s grand slam caps comeback) — noon CT
- May 10: Rockies at Cardinals (Shelby Miller retires 27 straight) — 2 p.m.
- Aug. 15: Pirates at Cardinals (Matt Holliday’s walk-off hit seals series win) — 4 p.m.
- Sept. 24: Nationals at Cardinals (Michael Wacha’s near no-no) — 6 p.m.
- Sept. 4: Cardinals at Reds (Matt Adams hits two extra-inning home runs) — 8 p.m.
While you’re (hopefully) relaxing over the holidays, I hope that you check out some of MLB.com’s end-of-year content as well. We’ve already started to roll out our 13 for ’13 (top 13 stories of 2013) series — and the Cardinals, as expected, made the cut. A piece about the 2013 success of the Cardinal Way was posted yesterday and can be read by clicking this link.
Next week, check out cardinals.com for a holiday Q&A with Jason Motte and a look back at the five biggest storylines of the Cardinals season. And on New Year’s Day, you will find a 2014 season outlook that addresses 10 looming questions the Cardinals have heading into a new year.
Merry Christmas. Happy New Year. And let the Spring Training countdowns commence.
Follow me on Twitter: @LangoschMLB