Welcome to Draft Day
Thanks for your patience while I was away over the past week. It seems things did not go all that well for the Cardinals, though at least the Oscar Watch has shifted from when (will he be here) to what (will he now do). The club closes up its I-70 series tonight in Kansas City, though I’ll be singularly on Draft duty tonight before rejoining the club in Toronto on Friday.
The Cardinals have four Day 1 picks — No. 27, No. 34, No. 68, No. 71. The Draft will then continue on Friday (rounds 3-10) and Saturday (rounds 11-40). Draft coverage starts tonight at 5 pm CT on MLB Network and MLB.com. The Draft will then actually begin shortly after 6 pm CT.
To get you ready for the evening’s events, here are a set of useful links:
- Read about the Cardinals’ strategy and preparations for the Draft, the third under scouting director Dan Kantrovitz
- MLB.com’s Draft experts Jonathan Mayo and Jim Callis have each penned one final mock Draft. Take a look at who each projects the Cardinals taking with their first-round pick
- Here is the official Draft order
- A look at the Top 200 Draft prospects, with bio information and scouting reports
- And here is MLB.com’s Draft Central, a landing page for all Draft-related content and also where you can go to load the Draft Tracker once the night’s selections begin.
Follow me on Twitter (@LangoschMLB), Instagram (LangoschMLB) and Facebook (Jenifer Langosch for Cardinals.com)