A change of seasons. And a thank you.
Forgive me for not posting this thank you earlier, but season wrap-up duties and a spot on our MLB.com World Series coverage team has kept me quite busy since the Cardinals’ season ended last Thursday. In fact, I’m back in San Francisco right now, though this time to assist with coverage of Missouri’s other postseason participant.
Anyways, as you all continue with the transition from in-season to offseason, I did want to pause and offer a sincere thanks to all who have followed MLB.com’s coverage during this 2014 ride. I have enjoyed interacting with many of you through various social media forums, and I appreciate you making cardinals.com a regular stop as you seek comprehensive Cardinals coverage. I know you all have limited time and so many other options, so thank you for sticking around.
For those who may visit this blog more regularly than the other sites I maintain, let me encourage you to make Cardinals.com your primary stop. That is where you will continue to find the most comprehensive team coverage, including this offseason, as I’ll be posting stories almost daily over there. This blog will serve as a supplement to that coverage, but it won’t be updated as frequently.
For those connected through social media, I will continue to provide daily updates on Twitter (@LangoschMLB) and Facebook (Jenifer Langosch for Cardinals.com). I also maintain a Flipboard page (St. Louis Cardinals for MLB.com) for those who like to consume their news on a tablet.
As mentioned above, you can expect regular Cardinals content throughout the offseason in order to keep you up-to-date on player movement, Hot Stove speculation and 2015 projections. For those who may have missed it, several stories have already been posted this week:
- A wrap-up of the 2014 season, hitting the highlights, the lowlights and all that fell in between.
- CF Jon Jay underwent wrist surgery this week.
- The organization is inviting back its full coaching staff.
- Early plans for filling a hole in right field next year have Randal Grichuk and Oscar Taveras in the spotlight.
- The Cardinals look to be on the verge of getting new Spring Training neighbors, which would ensure they remain in Jupiter.
- Arizona Fall League feature on Mitch Harris’ journey from the Navy to the prospect-rich fall league.
- Adam Wainwright and Yadier Molina have been named Gold Glove finalists.
- Offseason Outlook: Who will stay? Who will go? Where do the Cardinals have work to do?
- Wainwright undergoes minor surgery to his ailing right elbow.
Again, thank you for your continued interaction and interest.