Fall League final numbers
The Arizona Fall League finished play on Saturday, with Salt River defeating Peoria in the championship game. Eight Cardinals minor leaguers participated in the AFL, which is commonly referred to as the “finishing league” since it requires an invite to participate and is oftentimes a jumping-off point toward the Majors.
In case you missed it Friday, I wrote at length about Tyrell Jenkins’ strong AFL showing and how his improved health allowed him to take some critical steps forward this year. You can read the story at this link. Keep his name on the radar as you look for breakout candidates among the Cardinals’ prospects in 2015.
I also suggest this piece from MLB.com’s Jim Callis on the top AFL performer/prospect from each organization. There, you’ll find Jenkins’ name again, along with that of Sam Tuivailala.
And here are the final AFL numbers for each of the Cardinals’ representatives:
- RHP Mitch Harris (11 games): 12.2 IP, 13 H, 6 ER, 3 BB, 12 K
- RHP Tyrell Jenkins (6 starts): 2-2, 2.22 ERA, 24.1 IP, 23 H, 6 ER, 10 BB, 18 K
- RHP Chris Perry (9 games): 7.2 IP, 9 H, 7 ER, 10 BB, 3 K
- RHP Sam Tuivailala (12 games): 5 SV, 14 IP, 10 H, 2 ER, 8 BB, 13 K
- C Cody Stanley (21 games): .292/.363/.375, 9 R, 4 2B, 12 RBI
- INF Breyvic Valera (12 games): .333/.400/.359, 5 R, 5 RBI, 3 SB
- INF Jacob Wilson (24 games): .289/.347/.389, 12 R, 7 2B, 13 RBI
- OF C.J. McElroy (16 games): .200/.347/.225, 4 R, 2 RBI, 7 SB
Follow me on Twitter (@LangoschMLB), Instagram (LangoschMLB) and Facebook (Jenifer Langosch for Cardinals.com)