Winter Warm-Up Wrap-Up
Thanks to the many of you who stopped me in the halls of the Hyatt Regency this weekend to say hello. I hope those of you who attended the Cardinals’ Winter Warm-Up had an enjoyable time. For others who might have been unplugged over the holiday weekend, here is a rundown of links to the news that came out of the event:
- New outfielder Jason Heyward meets Cardinal nation for the first time and officially receives his uniform no. 22 (link here).
- Cardinals announce the eight modern ballot candidates up for selection to the Cardinals Hall of Fame. Voting to begin in early March (link here).
- Matt Belisle and Mark Reynolds discuss their decisions to bypass other offers and sign with St. Louis (link here).
- Nearly three months after hip surgery, Peter Bourjos is cleared to begin swinging (link here).
- General manager John Mozeliak reiterates that the Cardinals are not actively shopping for a front-line starter (link here).
- The Cardinals begin courting Heyward, who is open to talking about a long-term deal during the season (link here).
- Kevin Siegrist has resumed throwing and feels much improved after an injury-plagued 2014 (link here).
- The lineup may not yet be set, but the Cardinals are already expecting a more complete 2015 offense (link here).
- Cardinals announce the organization’s plans to honor Oscar Taveras this season (link here).
- Adam Wainwright and Michael Wacha are both bullish about their good health heading into Spring Training (link here).
- Kolten Wong looks to ride the coattails of his breakout postseason (link here).
- As Trevor Rosenthal prepares for his second year as Cardinals closer, he’s seeking improved efficiency (link here).
- Carlos Martinez is ready to compete for a rotation job and honor his lost friend (link here).
Follow me on Twitter (@LangoschMLB), Instagram (LangoschMLB) and Facebook (Jenifer Langosch for Cardinals.com)