How are former Cardinals faring elsewhere?
I realize there is an inundation of Spring Training coverage from all over Florida and Arizona, and that can make it tough to keep up with all that is going on in other camps. There have been several recent stories written about former Cardinals — and in case you missed those, I thought I would aggregate them here so those interested can check in on those former Redbirds. Here are those links:
- Mark Ellis has announced his retirement after 12 seasons, the last of which came with St. Louis (link)
- Why the Rockies saw value in bringing Daniel Descalso to Denver to fit into a utility role (link)
- The Astros get their first up-close look at Pat Neshek’s funky delivery (link)
- Shelby Miller and A.J. Pierzynski find themselves as batterymates once again… this time in Atlanta (link)
- Tyrell Jenkins embracing opportunity to make an impact in a new organization (link)
- Fernando Salas fine-tuning his sinker in Angels camp (link)
- What Albert Pujols said could keep him from playing out the full 10 years on his current contract (link)
- It’s a critical year ahead for David Freese, who will soon be facing free agency (link)
- In Red Sox camp, Allen Craig is trying to prove his health and win back playing time (link)
- Joe Kelly predicts that he will win the American League Cy Young Award this year (link)
This is by no means an exhaustive list of links, so if you have read any other interesting pieces about former Cardinals in recent days, feel free to add those in the comments section below.
Follow me on Twitter (@LangoschMLB), Instagram (LangoschMLB) and Facebook (Jenifer Langosch for Cardinals.com)