Results tagged ‘ Dylan Child ’
While I continue to sit out this rain delay at Busch Stadium, I figured it wouldn’t hurt to highlight a few news items from the last few days since I haven’t been with the team and therefore, haven’t been bloggin as religiously…
- As noted on the Pirates homepage, Zach Duke has been named to the National League All-Star team on Sunday. He takes the spot of Giants pitcher Matt Cain, who sustained an arm injury on Sunday night.
- Manager John Russell has set his rotation for out of the All-Star break. The order remains: Paul Maholm, Charlie Morton, Duke, Ross Ohlendorf, Virgil Vasquez. Russell said that he will reevaluate that order, if necessary, depending on how much Duke pitches in the All-Star Game on Tuesday. However, with Duke not scheduled to pitch until Sunday, he should be just fine.
- The Pirates have agreed to terms with two more international players. They signed 18-year-old catcher Dylan Child from Australia and 16-year-old Dovydas Neverauskas, a right-handed pitcher out of Lithuania. Child will begin his professional at the Major League Baseball Academy in Australia this year. Neverauskas will join the organization in the instructional league this fall and then participate in the Pirates’ Minor League Spring Training.
- Outfielder Lastings Milledge was moved from the Gulf Coast League to Triple-A Indianapolis on Friday. Milledge, who the Pirates acquired from the Nationals in the Nyjer Morgan/Sean Burnett trade, is 2-for-9 so far with the Indians.
- Ian Snell made his third start for Indianapolis on Friday and allowed one earned run on seven hits in six innings. He now has a 0.45 ERA in three Triple-A starts.